Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"My Story"

WE ARE OFFICIAL...FINALLY...AGAIN!  We are now a foster home with Buckner and I couldn't be more excited!  I spoke to our home developer for a good 30 minutes yesterday reviewing all the different types of placements we could be called for.  The first is legal risk/straight adoption.  That's what we did with H4G...we are submitted and then a family is chosen by the child's case worker.  The second is an emergency foster placement.  That's when the child has been taken from their home and needs a place to go immediately.  These children will not have a plan yet and may be reunified.  There is a possibility of an adoption plan eventually with some, but not a promise.  The third is a planned placement.  This is when a child currently in a foster home is heading toward an adoption plan.  Typically these kiddos will be in a foster home not interested in adoption...that's when we would be approached.  It would be a slightly slower process of introducing us to the child(ren), but much more of a permanent, "forever home", placement. 

I hung up with Amy and 5 minutes later she called back.  I thought she may have forgotten something to tell me.  "Lisa, it's Amy again.  I wanted to talk to you about an emergency placement we just received.  She's 3 weeks old but is a temporary foster placement"!  Yea...it was that fast!  We declined.  She's not old enough to go to day care and we aren't able to take off work for a month with every temporary foster placement. If she were a little older or if it was in the summer (my mom could have helped out), we would have said yes. It was the hardest thing for me to do.  I called Chase and we just didn't feel in our heart this was IT! 
Amy understood completely and that she had another family to call and not to worry!  I was sad to say no, but you would just have to know our situation to understand why we did.  I'm so upset that we couldn't take her home!

We did say yes to a legal risk/adoption placement, though.  We've been submitted to these types of placements before and obviously have never been chosen...but there's a first time for everything.  We probably won't know the outcome of that submission for a few weeks. 

I'm hopeful that our call will come soon.  I know we are headed in the right direction and all I can do is put the rest in God's hands!

Chase and I have also been working on our spiritual and physical health.  We are on day 6 of our "read the Bible in a year" journey!  Yippee!  Only 359 days to go! LOL!  We've also started eating better (no fast food) and working out!  Zoren being here really kept us on a routine and we truly enjoyed it!  Now that she is gone, we went back to our old ways!  Our daily devotions, excercise and cooking dinner has forced us back on a schedule and we are noticing how much more time we are spending together because of it.  We want our home to be as healthy and blessed as possible for the child we'll have someday!








No comments:

Post a Comment