Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Hope Now"

So Chase and I decided to become a Facebook Free Family!  I did NOT expect the reaction from people that I got when I announced it!  I've had some people that were supportive, some upset not to see pics anymore and some actually thought it was a stupid idea and "how could you, it's how we keep in touch with friends"!  Yes, that's true...but 90% of my friends don't respond to invites I send them or ever comment or post anything to keep that connection.  What happened to keeping in touch and not just FB stalking eachother (which I am sooooo guilty of)?  Yes, I agree it's difficult to leave FB...which is even more of a reason for me to leave; it's become an addiction.  I feel like I'm always checking it or always starting sentences with "I saw this thing on Facebook..."  I sincerely hope to keep in touch with friends I've reconnected with during my time as a 5 year occupant of Facebook, it would be sad not to!  I will continue to blog, though, and I will start to add many more pictures so that family and friends far away can keep up with us! 

In other Dodson news...Zoren is back with mom.  She went home for 2 weeks over Christmas break and from an 8 year old point of view, it was greener on the other side.  We tried to talk to her about the reasons she wanted to come live with us in the first place and how happy she was with us.  There was no convincing.  She completed her first week back at school and then her mom picked her up on Saturday.  Our house is so quiet now.  I'm going to miss that little girl more than she will ever know.  I didn't realize what an emotional experience it had been until I had to withdrawl her from school.  She is too young to realize it, but our hearts are broken.  We will see her again soon and will work on having some regular visits and things will go back to the way they were.

In foster/adoption news...Buckner submitted our updated home study 2 weeks ago only to realize we were still in the system with our previous agency.  Our home developer FINALLY got a hold of someone last Thursday to take us out of the system and now we wait to be submitted again.  If it's not one thing, it's another.  I wonder if anyone else has gone through this much crap trying to get licensed.  I feel like the only one in the world and our light at the end of the tunnel keeps disappearing.  I'm not thinking to much of it, though.  When I had a completion date in mind, I was so disappointed when it came and went with no progress.  I just see it as it's just not our time yet.  Our baby isn't ready yet. 


Her last night with her cousins


No comments:

Post a Comment