Sunday, January 1, 2012

Auld Lane Syne

A new year, a new start!  So many things that I need to do this year!  My resolutions are both realistic and cliche'!  Of course, I resolve to lose weight!  I HAVE to lose weight...for my sanity and for my health.  I'm at my highest weight right now and I can't stand the way it makes me feel.  I'm uncomfortable in my own skin!  YUCK!  I also resolve to drastically work on my relationship with God.  I need Him.  I've always needed Him, I just wasn't willing to give up my life for Him.  "Our life is a gift from God, what we do with it is our gift to God"!  Lastley, I resolve to build my relationship with my husband!  We have a fabulous relationship, but inviting God into our marriage can only make it stronger and happier.

Of course, I'm hopeful that 2012 will bring in a new addition...or 2, to our home.  Since we are foster to adopt, we may have several children pass through our home in 2012!  One more reason for us to strengthen our relationship with God.  We will have these children because of Him. 

I thought it would be fun to create a timeline of events that have occurred each year since Chase and I have been together...this should be interesting!

2007 - moved to Nashville, got engaged
2008 - got married...twice thanks to Hurricane Ike
2009 - diagnosed with cancer, became CANCER FREE, moved to The Woodlands
2010 - lost my pawpaw, began our foster/adoption journey
2011 - lost Chase's pawpaw, moved to Port Neches, Zoren came to live with us
2012 - ???????

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!



(our 80's theme NYE party)

No comments:

Post a Comment