Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Outta My Mind"

Our Initial Permanency Hearing was yesterday - Baby Girl's 7 month birthday.  It was not exciting...at all!  They didn't even call our case.  Her parents did not show up so all they had to do was enter in her new plan of unrelated adoption and agree to keep her in our home until our trial in November. In 80 days (November 20) the court will make a final decision in our case...which at this point is termination!  Since her parents still have rights, we will continue with our Monday visits for the next few months!  This is so frustrating.  I'm  having to leave work in the middle of the day to bring her to a visit with parents who aren't even showing up!  Not only does it disrupt my day, it disrupts Baby Girl's day too!  You have no idea the anxiety I feel every time I pull up to the office! 
For now, all that we ask is for continued prayers. 

I figure now is a great time to give a little update on Baby Girl!  She is growing like a weed and has 3 teeth (2 lower and 1 on top).  She is eating like a champ and would probably eat all day if I let her!  She eats her cereal/fruit in the morning and afternoon with her bottle and then veggies/cereal at night!  We are finally going to switch her to 2nd food and more complex cereals to see how she does!  I get a lot of criticism for not feeding her table food, but it makes me nervous!  I'm sure I'll come around...eventually! :) 
We just got back from a mini vacation to the beach!  Z is with us for a few weeks so it was a great time to get out of the house!  We went to Moody Gardens, lots of beach time and then a trip to the Strand.  Moody Gardens was fun for all of us and Baby Girl was so well behaved!  She was amazed by everything!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    Jenn Bloxom sent me to your blog...I am from Beaumont but moved when we were sophomores...we had been emailing about my husband and I starting the adoption process and she suggested I check out your blog. I've read it from start to finish and cried buckets of tears. I've never before met anyone who feels how I feel. I had a hysterectomy when I was 29, and have no friends who have been unable to have their own kids. I'd love to chat with you some more, but couldn't find your email address on here. And Facebook won't let me send you a message without Friend requesting first, and I didn't want you to think I was "stalking" you. :)

    My email is jcozens10@gmail.com

    Blessings on your day!
    Jessica Steger Cozens

    ReplyDelete