Friday, August 31, 2012

"All This Time"

So as many of my Facebook friends already know, Baby Girl has not had a successful parent visit in a little over 2 months!  On Monday we found out that we will NO LONGER have weekly visits and we are officially going to once a month visits ONLY if the parents call to schedule it!  The change was a result of the lack of interest on the parents part as well as the change in her permanency plan! You guys have no idea how relieved I am.  Every single Monday I have been stressed out and I finally get to just really enjoy my day and not worry about Baby Girl being put into an awkward position. Baby Girl has recently begun grabbing on to me if a stranger tries to hold her so I can't imagine what I would do if she did that at a visit!  Better bring on the security! LOL!!!

I have to admit, though, I'm a bit sad for her parents.  They are missing out on the most fabulous child with the most amazing personality! I pray for them almost daily...I pray that they allow Baby Girl to have a beautiful, blessed life.  I pray that they make the decision to allow us to love her the way I know they want to.  I pray that they use this experience to seek God and learn how good and merciful He is. 

Although the change in family visits is wonderful news, we are not out of the woods yet...81 days until trial!  I'm pretty confident that we are clear and free, but as we've experienced, it doesn't always work out the way we plan!  With that being said, please keep praying that Baby Girl becomes a permanent part of our family!  I can't wait to give her our last name...and pierce her ears! Haha!!! She is so wonderful and beautiful and smart!  I'm so proud to have been given this blessing and honored to be a witness to her life!

Today is also Baby Girl's 8 month birthday!  She is a whopping 15.9lbs and although everyone says she's tiny, I can definitely tell my baby is getting big!!!  She has a slight ear infection right now, so we are fighting a fever and crankiness but definitely entitles me to more cuddle time with her!  She has FOUR teeth yet she refuses to start crawling!  She gets in position and rocks, but as soon as she starts to make a move, she lays down and cries! :(  She loves her food and is a champ with the sippy cup!  Little by little I'm introducing her to table food!  So far she loves mashed potatoes and refried beans! LOL!  I'm starting to plan her 1st birthday ( a little early, but I'm really excited) although I don't want to rush her growing up!  Needless to say, I'm enjoying and embracing every single day we have with her!  Hopefully for the rest of our lives!!!

Thank you for the continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment