Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Breakfast at Tiffanys"

I was very proud of me this week!! I FINALLY had my TB test done so we are one step closer to closing that door (Chase is having his done today)! I also wrote my first disgruntled email and GOT A RESPONSE!!! We have been waiting since November to receive Chase's divorce decree. After several phone calls with nothing being done, I finally tracked down the email for the district clerk in Dallas County. And what do ya know, Chase got a phone call Monday morning saying they were sending out that day! Pretty darn proud!

SO...once we get the testing completed and the decree is received, then we get on the list to have our home study completed! I'm sooo ready!!! I even ordered my crib bedding the other day! LOL!!! I thought, why not? I have the crib I may as well put some bedding in it! I'll have to take some pictures of the nursery...you'd think we have a baby about to come home to live in it. Chase and I joke that baby Greyson will have an awesome room when he comes to visit!!! :)

I have been noticing that I'm not so sad anymore. I'm not sure why, but it's nice. I get tired of being upset or sad when it comes to babies. I don't know if it's just because I've been so busy that I haven't had time to think about it or my grieving is finally under control (not gone, though).

I have a friend who was just told that all of their efforts to conceive have failed. I know what the feeling of loss is, but I don't know what it feels like to not know why you are experiencing that loss. I am a great listener, but all I can really do is listen and be there. I guess I'm blessed, in a way, to KNOW why I can't conceive. It all sucks, regardless, but I'm sure she is so confused right now. I feel for her...she has a long journey ahead but I know they are a strong couple and will be just fine!

Well...back to work (I'm at lunch)! I'll update in the next week - hopefully saying that all of our stuff is turned in and home study scheduled! We may be getting Zoren next week for spring break too, so I guarantee I'll have some fun pictures to post!

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment