Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Bring the Rain"

What a fabulous weekend! My sister in law, Kasey, gave birth to a beautiful baby boy last night! I love him so much and I did NOT want to put him down! She had a pretty rough night and ended up having a C section at 10pm - but mommy and baby are doing great!!!!


I'm proud to say that I didn't have any "woe is me" moments this weekend. I was so excited about this baby and becoming an aunt, my issues were the last thing on my mind! I'll be honest, though, I can't wait for it to be our turn! I also can't wait to see Greyson again soon and to finally have him meet his Uncle Chase!!!!

So I heard this song on the way home tonight! It's called "Bring the Rain" by Mercy Me! It was one of those songs that really spoke to me. It was almost like I had written the lyrics...like that were taken straight from my heart! Through all of the hardships Chase and I have come face to face with, I have never blamed God or turned my back on him. Instead, I've trusted that He has something wonderful for us. He is always testing our faith and He is always by our side!

Here are the lyrics:
"I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can cirumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You?
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, Oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
So I pray"

No comments:

Post a Comment