Friday, February 18, 2011

"Bittersweet Symphony"

I am proud to announce that we have everything except for 2 things completed before we schedule our home study!!! We are STILL waiting on Chase's divorce decree (which was requested and paid for in NOVEMBER) and we need to get our TB tests done! Once we finish that, we schedule our home study! EEK! The approval process is about a month after that, then we meet with our case worker and get the ball rolling. I told Chase that I would feel more comfortable TRYING straight adoption first and if we get no response after a few months, then we can switch to foster to adopt (which has a much faster placement).

I'm not as nervous or anxious about the process as I was in the beginning. I'm ready to have a baby, but it will all happen when it's supposed to! I have to admit, though, I still have problems hearing about people who are pregnant. I'm not angry or resentful (as I have been in the past), I'm just a little sad. But I get over it and move on. This is MY journey. Everyone has something different planned for their life. Ours is just a little different. There is one thing that DOES make me angry...all of these reports about parents killing their babies or squeezing their heads or dumping them in the trash! WHAT????? GIVE THEM TO ME! I know, I know...life isn't fair, but that is pure evil!

Our 2nd Annual BBQ is coming up - Saturday, March 26 is the date! Last year we had it at the end of April and it was sooo hot, so we are trying a little earlier this year! Hopefully we'll have a great turn out, but still waiting on a TON of people to reply (you know who you are)!! :)

I still have a lot of "support adoption" bracelets! With every $5 donation, you get a bracelet! Pass it along - I really want to get rid of all of them!

Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment