Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"What Do I Know of Holy"

Today was my first day at my new job. I love my title. Office/Marketing Director. It sounds so grown up! :) It was very overwhelming, but I think I'll get the hang of it sooner or later! I'm learning how to use a Mac which is a whole new world! I get off at 4pm Monday - Thursday and 12pm on Friday,
so who am I to complain!!!?


I also spoke with the woman from Catholic Charities. Chase and I have been so prepared to turn in our paperwork on the 13th and now we seem to be looking in a different direction. She basically told me that if we weren't willing to foster or at least up our age limit to 10, we may want to look at a different agency. I was appalled! This is the 2nd time they have rejected us even though we've been pretty open minded so I'm done. I spoke with a woman from Lifetree out of Dallas. They have an A+ rating with the BBB so that makes me feel reassured. Robin, the woman I spoke with, told me to email her with my questions so HOPEFULLY the fees are not SO outrageous. Although now I'm back to exploring options that will cost money, the up side is that we may now have an option to have a newborn. That would be awesome.


So as much as I'm loving my new work schedule, it's funny how quickly my weekends fill up. Kasey (my sister in law) is getting married so I have her bachelorette party and wedding, a "going away" party for me and Melanie with our group of friends from Bed Bath and Beyond, my grandma may be coming to visit and I think Zoren will be having a birthday party sometime at the end of next month. That is just September/October! Whew!

The hosts of Kasey's bridal shower


Oh...I also worked the Cancer Resource Table at church this past Sunday and we spoke with 2 people. I think it's a great ministry and I'm so proud to be part of it. Next week is my first week to work in the children's ministry! Wish me luck! LOL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment