Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Praise You in this Storm"

I don't really know what to write about today, but obviously "Juno" provoked some kind of urge to write. I'm getting so incredibly antsy but I'm beginning to feel a huge sense of anxiety as well. I'm not worried about the home study or the wait...I'm so scared about the money. I want to be a mommy so bad but I'm so scared it's going to put us in incredible debt. We have been toying around with some fundraising ideas and I know of some grants that can be applied for once our home study is completed and approved. I suppose we would then need to get a loan for the rest. UGH! The upside is that there IS a tax credit up to $12000 which can just go back in to paying off the loan! I'm trying to stay positive, but my goodness, this is all very overwhelming.


We have a phone consultation with Adoption Network Law Center on Monday. I'm making an extensive list of questions as we speak! I have a really good feeling about them because this is the 2nd time I've been told to look into them by 2 different couples who adopted through them. I spoke to an agency in Dallas last week and got a really bad vibe so when I spoke with someone from ANLC and they were so nice and informative, I felt a sense of peace.



If anyone reading this can think of some fundraising ideas, please pass them along. We are already planning a spaghetti dinner/silent auction as soon as we are approved and begin the waiting process. I was also thinking about a gigantic community garage sale and I found a place to design those bracelets (like the Livestrong) that we could sale as well! Oh, so many ideas...I just hope something works out. As one of my coworkers said, if this is what God has intended for us, then nothing can stop it from happening!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! My husband and I used ANLC, and we just brought our daughter home in July. We had such a great experience with them, and I want to get some good vibes out there, since there are a lot of negative things about them on the internet. They have some great loan options. That's how we were able to afford it. We'll be paying it off for the next four years, but it's well worth it. :)

    You might open your own Etsy shop, if you're crafty. Make baby hair bows or headbands and sell them. All the profit could go toward your adoption! :)

    ReplyDelete