Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"All the Small Things"

So tomorrow night I am attending a new member meeting at Gildas Club here in Nashville (gildasclubnashville.org). It's a cancer support group founded by Gene Wilder after Gilda Radner died of cancer! I almost didn't join because I just felt like my cancer wasn't the same as others - I almost felt...silly! But then I realized that if nothing else, I could be a support to others and I love volunteering and just being a viable part of society! I'll definitely keep an update on how that is going!
After the meeting, Chase and I are heading out to a cookout with my friend Cheri! I'm excited when we actually go out with other people! You'd think that after 1.5 years of living here, we'd have a much better social life than we do! Good thing we REALLY like eachother because we spend ALOT of time together! I was also looking into the Junior League of Nashville just to help out in the community and meet some people in the area, but that may have to wait a while!!



I (all by myself ) am taking a trip home (Port Neches) next weekend for my little brother's graduation! I CANNOT believe he is graduating and going off to college! He received a full scholarship to Lamar University to play football - can you tell I'm a proud big sister!!?!?! I'm just truly excited to see everyone and spend time with family and NOT running around doing wedding stuff like every other time I have been there!!! I am flying with a buddy pass, so pray that I get on a flight early enough to make it to the graduation...oh, and to get on a flight that gets me back here in time for work on Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment