Friday, April 22, 2011

"Don't Hide Your Shine"

There is a wonderful blog that I follow and her most recent post was a request for blogging women to brag about themselves...more specifically their bodies! EEK! We, as women, have been judged and tormented for not being perfect since we were little girls. It's quite ridiculous! I feel so sorry for our little girls KNOWING what they will be facing once that innocence has worn off. All we can do is prepare them to be confident and to understand that God made each one of us in His likeness...and that is why we are all different! As Chase can attest, I am always griping about how awful my body is so I'm a little nervous to start discussing the good things...but here I go!

1. My smile - I seem to get the most compliments on my smile! I always knew it was big, but I never really thought about it being pretty. Now that I work in the dental field, I'm must more conscious of it and much more appreciative!

2. My scars - I used to be very aware of the scar on my chest, but when I talked about removing it, Chase said "but it's part of you". That's true! It's been there for as long as I can remember and it's a great conversation piece! I told one patient that a vampire bit me! She laughed so hard! :) My other scars were granted to me through bike riding (or falling), slicing a chicken breast and getting cookies out of an oven. My most recent scars were the ones I thought I'd never overcome. I have five 1 inch scars all over my abdomen. These are my battle wounds. It shows that I wasn't afraid to overcome my cancer and I'm proud to wear them!

3. My legs - I love that they LOOK athletic when, in fact, I'm not an overall very athletic person! :) They need some fat reduction and toning in some areas, but otherwise, I'm very happy with my legs. I had a friend in high school who would tell me how she wished she had my legs. I never understood why...I thought I was fat! See...there's that girl thing again!

4. My ears - they don't stick out, they are not too big or too small. They are just perfect. YAY!

5. My feet - as much as other people's feet disgust me (except for Z's...they are so cute), mine aren't too bad. I don't have weird shaped toes or too many or few! I love getting pedicures because I'm not ashamed of my feet!

WHEW!!! There we go! That was a lot easier than I thought it would be!

On a different note - our home study is scheduled for Wednesday, April 27 at 1:30! I'm not very nervous. I've decided that this is all God's call! We just need to be open and honest and God will take care of the rest. I think it should take about a month to find out if we are approved! Lots of prayers, please!!!! :)

I hope everyone has a happy and safe Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment